Quality Control Technician - 2nd shift
Bellows Falls, Vermont
Job Summary: The Quality Control Technician performs test and inspections on raw materials, in process work, and optical filters to ensure quality standards are being consistently met.
- Perform QC tests/inspections as identified on the job traveler. These regularly include:
- Spectral analysis
- Pinhole checks
- Surface quality inspections including scratch/dig
- Light leaks
- Surface flatness measurements
- Accept and reject product based on test results as compared to product specifications
- Perform MRB dispositions for nonconforming product.
- Provide quality documentation as per customer’s requirements, including first article certificate of analysis and certificate of compliance
- Perform verification and calibration of inspection measuring and test equipment, as assigned
Additional Responsibilities for all Employee Owners
- Provide quality service to internal and external customers by following organization standards and working closely with all other employees
- Strategize and work toward the long-term prosperity of the business
- Encourage innovation and tenure in the workplace, recognizing these as the best ways of servicing the customers with the products and service they need and want
- Work cooperatively and independently, accepting share of responsibility for Chroma’s operation, and when or wherever possible, go beyond individual duties.
- Make creative contributions, regardless of job or task. Encourage cooperation and innovation through teamwork
- Appropriately communicate issues and problems and suggest process improvements
- Attend company meetings for discussion on decision making
- Be involved in the decision making process and show concern for the company’s overall health. View Chroma as much more than just a job
- Ability to effectively utilize MS Office, email, and relevant G suite programs
- Excellent work ethic and attention to detail
- Experience with optics preferred
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to visually inspect raw materials, in process work, and optical filters
- Able to handle small optical filters
- Self-starter, detail oriented, independent worker
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Ability to work effectively with all individuals/groups within the organization
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.